My name is Miuki Miu (real name Elizabet 🙃). I'm a designer who codes!
I started my career as a web developer, and soon I realized that I prefer the more visual side of the web. I love interaction design, front-end technology, animation, and I'm obsessed with making the web fun again!
I am passionate about open-source. In April 2018, my project React Kawaii won the "Fun Project of the Year" award at React Amsterdam!
Music was also a big part of my life. I was the first female solo Hip-Hop artist signing to a major label (Universal Music) in Portugal. My songs reached the top of MTV Portugal's charts, but I soon realized that I was not meant to be an artist. I found out that I'm much happier designing, coding, and speaking at conferences all around the world!
In a nutshell:
- I currently work at Elastic as a Product Designer who codes.
- I love contributing to and helping out other open-source projects.
- I recorded a Hip-Hop song called Fork this to encourage women to follow their passion.
- I talked at some of the biggest React conferences around the world! Check them out on my website.
- I've also mentored other designers and developers. I believe in an open and supportive tech community! So, my DMs are always open.